On the eve of the memorial service for Dr Angelou, I’m reposting this essay about producing her autobiographical Master Class episode for OWN.
Though my heart is heavy and full, it was an honor to know her even for a moment. Rest in Peace, Phenomenal Woman.
- Selected Works:
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969)
- Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water ‘fore I Diiie (1971)
- Gather Together in My Name (1974)
- Oh Pray My Wings Are Gonna Fit Me Well (1975)
- And Still I Rise (1978)
- The Heart of a Woman (1981)
- All God’s Children Need Traveling Shoes (1986)
- “On the Pulse of Morning” (1993)
- Phenomenal Woman: Four Poems Celebrating Women (1995)
- A Song Flung Up to Heaven (2002)
- Mom & Me & Mom (2013)